About Me

My photo
I teach abroad and continue to pursue the life I was given as if it was my last. Many people think it is. In my spare time, I enjoy lapping up ice cream, reading spy novels, and euthanizing manta rays.

Friday, May 4, 2012

A letter from one of my students to Lionel Messi, Barcelona soccer star:

Dear Messi,

Receive my lovely greetings in the name of good football. I hope you are currently doing well in Spain despite the bitter truth that you have no trophy to boast of this season.

Messi, I am wholy indebted to the way you mess up with the ball, especially around the eighteen yard box. Surely my friend, I like that and hope you continue doing the same for the rest of your life. For sure you are a star in the profession and no one can dispute that. You have scored millions of goals since you joined the world.

As I wind up my letter, I wish to extend my sincere condolences to you and your playmates, including Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol, and Fabregas, not forgetting your beloved driver Guardiola. For the fans I have no much but advice them to keep heart. The season is indeed trophyless after that disastrous lose to Chelsea during your final touches in the quest for a slot in the Champions League Final due in Munich in two weeks time. Finally, I implore you to stop regretting and pick up your pieces for the remaining La Liga games.

I wish you all the best,

J-------

No comments:

Post a Comment